I'm a living testimony that God loves, forgives, redeems, and then transforms us into a new creation.
My painful childhood experiences caused me to turn my back on God as a teenager. I filled my life with self-destruction to mask my brokenness. By nineteen I was divorced with a young son.
In 1982 a drunk driver killed my son, Chris, my only birth child. The devastation left me numb. Paralyzed. And crying out to God for the first time in seventeen years.
On Easter Sunday, 1983, I rededicated my life to Jesus Christ. Doing so turned my world inside out and set me on a path to where I am today: international speaker, author and encourager.
I’m proof that—through Jesus, anyone can overcome a painful past. Triumph over fears. Make a significant difference in God's Kingdom. Experience a new you.
As you can see—God isn't done with me yet. Like you, I’m a work-in-progress. Isn’t that good news? Good. I think we'll be friends.
What I love:
- Speaking: I’m passionate about sharing the life-changing message of what Jesus can do in lives surrendered to Him. My presentations engage audiences from all walks of life with love, laughter, and from-the-heart transforming messages. Check out my speaking topics.
- Writing: I've tried to capture the journey that has set me free and can set others free as well. My mission is to encourage and equip readers to develop and maintain a positive perspective and become all that God designed them to be. Check out my writing.
- Relationships: You've heard of those gregarious types that make instant friends with anyone they meet? That's me. I love people. I love hearing their stories. I love watching the power of Jesus at work in the lives of others.
The quick resume:
- Author of Attitude-inize, Set Free, and numerous articles
- Frequent national and regional television and radio guest
- Founder and president of Set Free Today Ministries (LINK: http://www.setfreetoday.com/)
- Speaking coach for more than 20 years
- Graduate of Park University (Summa Cum Laude), Kansas City, MO
- Vice President, Christians In Recovery
- Founding member of MADD, Kansas City, MO
- Attended Moody Bible Institute
- Certified speaker with National Speaker’s Association (NSA), CLASServices, and Speak Up Speaker Services
The personal stuff:
I've been married to Bill, the love of my life, for nearly thirty years. We have two adult children, Matthew Jacob and Jordan Nicole.
We live near Houston, Texas. When I'm not speaking or writing you'll find me reading, walking, spending time with family, or deep sea fishing.